KONO Hi-Lo Contest
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the KONO Hi-Lo Contest (the “Contest”) is open to (i) legal to residents of Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Wilson, Bandera, Medina and Atascosa counties in the State of Texas; (ii) who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Cox Radio LLC, d/b/a Cox Media Group San Antonio (“Sponsor”), Terrier Media Buyer, Inc., and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live. Persons belonging to or affiliated with a professional acting, theater, or film-making organization, such as SAG or AFTRA, are not allowed to compete in the Contest or participate in any entry. Professional actors and filmmakers, whether full-time or part-time, are allowed to compete so long as they do not belong to any professional organizations connected with the entertainment industry that would cause Sponsor to pay the entrant or any other person a fee or any other benefit for taking part in any Contest event.
3. How to Enter. The On-Air Contest will begin at 7:00 a.m. Central Standard Time (“CT”) on October 19, 2020 and end on or about 5:00 p.m. CST on December 31, 2020 (the “Contest Period”) with the exception of December 21, 2020 through December 25, 2020. Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Contest.
To enter, listen to KONO 101.1′s (the “Station”) radio broadcast from 7:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. CST each weekday during the Contest Period. Every weekday during the Contest Period starting at 7:12 a.m. and ending at 4:12 p.m., at approximately :12 past each hour, Sponsor will announce the cue to call and the designated caller number (e.g., the ninth caller, etc.) (together, the “Cue”). When you hear the Cue, call Sponsor’s Contest Line at 210-470-5666 (the “Contest Line”) to try to be the designated caller for that Cue.
The designated caller will have one (1) chance to guess the amount of cash in the Station’s Hi-Lo Jackpot. The Station on-air staff will announce if the designated caller’s guess is too high, too low, or the correct amount. If the guess is the correct amount, the designated caller will win the Hi-Lo Jackpot prize and may not win a prize in the Contest for the next 30 days following the correct guess. If the guess is incorrect, the designated caller may continue to participate in the Contest on subsequent Cues.
Past jackpot guesses will not be made public. In the event of mistake or error by Sponsor in determining a participant’s guess is too high/low/accurate is made, such participant will not receive the prize and the jackpot amount will be reset for subsequent Cues.
Double Your Money Thursday
During the Contest Period, Thursday will be deemed “Double Your Money Thursday.” The designated caller will have one (1) chance to guess the Jackpot amount. If the amount guessed is the correct jackpot on Thursday, the amount won will be doubled.
Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the designated person to call Sponsor’s Contest Line, as solely determined by Sponsor, may be declared an “on-air qualifier.”
To be an “on-air qualifier”, (a) you must be listening to the Station at the time the announcement is broadcast; (b) you must be declared by Sponsor to be the designated numbered caller person to call the Contest Line; and (c) you must comply with all other terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Telephone calls will be taken by Contest operators in the order they are received, and the operators will count the number of calls received after each on-air Contest announcement to determine the designated caller. The determinations of Sponsor and Contest operators will be final and binding in all respects.
Additional Entry Terms
Entry into the Contest shall be deemed consent to record any telephone conversation between a potential winner and Sponsor. Listeners accessing Sponsor’s radio station audio via IP connections like website-based streaming or mobile devices are welcome to enter. However, Sponsor cannot be responsible for delays in electronic transmission of station audio to IP devices. By entering the Contest, listeners acknowledge and agree to this specific provision of these Contest Rules.
In addition, Sponsor will not be responsible for loss of service to a Contest Line or for a participant’s failure to reach a Contest Line due to malfunction of any network or system, congestion, any technical or human error, failures or malfunctions of any kind, including the congestion, overload, busy signals, or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing his/her phone call. In the event of interruption of power or telephone service to Sponsor during call-in period of a Contest prior to accepting the correct caller, or a change in programming that results in Sponsor’s inability to air call-in opportunity, Sponsor will not replay the affected call-in opportunity and the number of prizes awarded in the Contest will be reduced accordingly, as applicable. If the correct caller is ineligible, or fails to comply with any term of condition of these Official Rules, that caller will be disqualified, and Sponsor will resume the call-in opportunity and declare the next caller a winner, pending verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
In the event a caller gets disconnected for any reason before being declared a winner, Sponsor may resume the call-in opportunity affected and declare the next caller a winner, pending verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor will not be responsible for dropped calls from mobile devices or land lines and dropped calls may result in a potential winner’s disqualification and forfeiture of all interest in any prize. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
Any winning entrant must be the same person who originally dialed the phone to the radio station to the radio station to participate in a Contest. No family members, friends, office associates, or any other person will be allowed to participate in a Contest on another person’s behalf. An entrant must provide his or her own name as listed on his or her valid Texas driver’s license or Texas state-issued ID (or other proof of Texas residency, such as a copy of a utility bill). If a participant uses a false name on any ID submitted as proof of identification, he or she will be immediately disqualified from the Contest and be ineligible to win any prize.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled or illegible entries will be disqualified.
All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
4. Winner Selection and Odds. As noted above, the caller correctly identifying the amount of the prize jackpot will be identified at the time they are determined to be the eligible designated caller.
A maximum of 490 contest plays will be executed during the Contest Period.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible participants who call to participate during a particular call-in period and the order in which calls are received.
5. Prize Description. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, participants correctly guessing the Hi-Lo Jackpot amount will receive a cash prize in an amount between $101 and $5,000, as determined by the amount of the Hi-Lo Jackpot at the time of the winner’s correct guess.
For “Double Your Money Thursdays”, the amount of the prize awarded will be between $202 and $10,000.
The prize will be fulfilled by a check mailed directly to the winner’s provided address and may take up to twelve (12) weeks to fulfill.
Maximum one (1) cash prize per person, per household per thirty (30) days during the Hi-Lo Contest.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Potential on-air qualifying prize winners will be notified at the time of being declared an on-air prize winner that they are being declared as such.
Potential winners may be required to present a valid government-issued ID, and/or complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned within seventy-two (72) hours of notification
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on the Grand Prize or other fees in connection with winning the Grand Prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Publicity. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and its licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation.
8. Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Contest judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
9. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, TERRIER MEDIA BUYER, INC., AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE.
10. Limitations of Liability. By PARTICIPATING IN the Contest, PARTICIPANTs acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THE prize(S), ARE provided “as is” and that Sponsor makes no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and sponsor hereby DISCLAIMS all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by PARTICIPANTs, printing OR PRODUCTION errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or EMPLOYED in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, or the notification of any winner; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from A PARTICIPANT’S participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Contest. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
11. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
12. Sponsor. The KONO Hi-Lo Contest is sponsored by Cox Radio, LLC d/b/a Cox Media Group San Antonio. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Contest. For a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.kono1011.com or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to “Official Rules” (as applicable), “KONO Hi-Lo Contest”, 8122 Datapoint, Suite 600, San Antonio, TX, 78229. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact KONO Promotions at 210-615-5400.