Sign up below to be added to our mailing list for the latest news updates, access to exclusive contents, and more!
KONO Hi-Lo Contest Spring 2018
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the KONO Hi-Lo Contest (the “Sweepstakes”) is open legal to residents of Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Wilson, Bandera, Medina and Atascosa, counties in the State of Texas, are 18 years or older at the time of entry, are legal U.S. residents in possession of a valid government-issued photo identification and a Social Security card. Employees of Cox Media Group Inc. d/b/a KONO-FM” (“Sponsor”), and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, media companies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live. Limit one (1) cash prize per person for the duration of the “Contest” Period. Eligibility decisions will be made by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All decisions of Sponsor are final.
3. How To Enter. The On-Air Sweepstakes will begin at 7:00a.m. (C.T.) on March 29, 2018 and end at 5:00p.m. (C.T.) on June 20, 2018 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
How to enter:
To enter, listen to KONO 101.1’s radio broadcast from 7:00 A.M to 5:00 P.M. (C.T.) each weekday during the Sweepstakes Period. Every weekday during the Sweepstakes Period, once per hour, ten times per day, Sponsor will announce the designated caller number. When you hear the announcement, call Sponsor’s Sweepstakes Line at 210-470-5666 to try to be the designated caller. The designated caller will have one chance to guess the amount of cash in the KONO Hi-Lo Jackpot. The KONO on-air staff will announce if the guess is too high, too low or the correct amount. If the guess is the correct amount, the designated caller will win that prize amount. If the guess is incorrect, the designated caller may continue to participate in the KONO Hi-Lo Contest. Once a caller is deemed a cash winner, they cannot continue to play or guess the correct amount.
During the Sweepstakes Period, certain weekdays will be deemed “Bonus” days. Once per hour, ten times per day, Sponsor will announce the designated caller number. When you hear the announcement, call Sponsor’s Sweepstakes Line at 210-470-5666 to try to be the designated caller. The designated caller will have one chance to guess the amount of cash in the KONO Holiday Hi-Lo Jackpot, plus instantly win a prize, such as, but not limited to: concert tickets, theme park tickets, special event tickets or gift cards. Prize to be determined weekly. Once a caller is deemed a “Bonus” day instant prize winner, caller may continue to play KONO Hi-Lo, but will not be awarded a second prize. Once a caller is deemed a KONO Hi-Lo cash winner, participation in “Bonus” days is forbidden and subject to “Bonus” day prize forfeiture. The rules stated above apply to “Bonus Monday” “Bonus Tuesday” “Bonus Wednesday” “Bonus Thursday” and/or “Bonus Friday.”
Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the designated person to call Sponsor’s Sweepstakes Line, as solely determined by Sponsor, may be declared an “on-air qualifier.”
To be an “on-air qualifier”, (a) you must be listening to the Show at the time the announcement is broadcasted; (b) you must be declared by Sponsor to be the designated numbered caller person to call Sponsor’s Sweepstakes Line at 210-470-5666 and (c) you must comply with all
other terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Telephone calls will be taken by Sweepstakes operators in the order they are received, and the operators will count the number of calls received after each on-air Sweepstakes announcement to determine the designated caller. The determinations of Sponsor and Sweepstakes operators will be final and binding in all respects.
Listeners accessing Sponsor’s radio station audio via IP connections like website-based streaming or mobile devices are welcome to enter. However, Sponsor cannot be responsible for delays in electronic transmission of station audio to IP devices. By entering this Sweepstakes, listeners acknowledge and agree to this specific provision of these Official Rules. In addition, Sponsor will not be responsible for loss of service to the Sweepstakes Line or for a participant’s failure to reach the Sweepstakes Line due to malfunction of any network or system, congestion, any technical or human error, failures or malfunctions of any kind, including the congestion, overload, busy signals, or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing his/her phone call. In the event of interruption of power or telephone service to Sponsor during a call-in period of the Sweepstakes prior to accepting the designated caller, or a change in programming that results in Sponsor’s inability to air a call-in opportunity, Sponsor will not replay the affected call-in opportunity and the number of Finalists opportunities awarded in this Sweepstakes will be reduced accordingly. If a designated caller is ineligible, or fails to comply with any term of condition of these Official Rules, that caller will be disqualified and no Finalist will be selected during that call-in period.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically-reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled or illegible entries will be disqualified.
All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
4. Winner Selection and Odds.
A maximum of 600 contest plays will be executed during the Sweepstakes Period.
Odds of winning the on-air prize will depend on eligible callers at time of giveaway.
5. Prize Description
On-Air Cash Prizes: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, an undetermined number of winners will receive a cash amount between the amounts of $100 and $5,000. The cash amount will be fulfilled by a check that will be mailed directly to the winner’s provided address and may take up to 12 weeks for fulfill. (ARV: $100-$5,000).
Participants are limited to winning one (1) cash amount per the duration of the KONO HiLo Contest On-Air Sweepstakes Period.
On-Air “Bonus Day” Prizes: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, “Bonus Day” winners will receive a prize that will be determined weekly. Bonus Day may be referred to Bonus Monday, Bonus Tuesday, Bonus Wednesday, Bonus Thursday, and/or Bonus Friday.
Prizes may include, but not limited to, theme park tickets, concert tickets, special event tickets and gift cards ranging in value between the amounts of $25 and $350. The instant prize will be fulfilled within 48 hours of winning. To claim prize, winner must pic-up in person at 8122 Datapoint Drive. Suite 600 San Antonio, TX 78229 between the hours of 8:30 A.M. – 5:30 P.M., Monday – Friday. (ARV: $25-$250).
Participants are limited to winning one (1) Bonus prize per day, per the duration of the KONO HiLo Contest On-Air Sweepstakes Period. If the prize is continuous (the same prize each week) participants are limited to winning one (1) prize during that continuation.
Once a caller is deemed a KONO Hi-Lo cash winner, participation in Bonus Days is forbidden and subject to Bonus Day prize forfeiture.
On-Air Participants: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, an undetermined number of correct callers will not receive a prize. (ARV: $0)
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Potential on-air qualifying prize winners will be notified at the time of being declared an on-air prize winner that they are being declared as such.
Potential winners may be required to present a valid government-issued ID, and/or complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned within seventy-two (72) hours of notification
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on the Grand Prize or other fees in connection with winning the Grand Prize on Saturday, November 9, 2013. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Publicity. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and its licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation. 8. Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend,
modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
9. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, COX MEDIA GROUP, INC., COX ENTERPRISES, INC., AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
10. Limitations of Liability. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE PRIZE(S), ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE PRIZE(S) AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY PARTICIPANTS, PRINTING OR PRODUCTION ERRORS, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR EMPLOYED IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE SWEEPSTAKES; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, OR THE NOTIFICATION OF ANY WINNER; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM A PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
11. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
12. Sponsor. The KONO Hi-Lo Contest is sponsored by Cox Media Group Inc. d/b/a KONO-FM. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for
typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes. For a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.kono1011.com or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to “Official Rules” (as applicable), “KONO Hi-Lo Contest”, 8122 Datapoint, Suite 600, San Antonio, TX, 78229. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact KONO Promotions at 210-6155400
You may be offline. Please check your connection and try again using the Retry button.