AIA San Antonio
200 East Grayson
San Antonio, TX 78215
7:45 a.m. Wednesday, May 15, 2013
San Antonio, TX
May 15, 2013
3 AIA HSW CE Hours
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals “Preliminary Agenda”07:45 - 08:00 AM Registration
08:00 - 09:00 AM
09:10 -10:10 AM
Roofing Market Trends & Advantages of Fleeceback Membrane & Urethane Adhesives
1 AIA CE Hour | Course: SDT110
Provider: Carlisle Syntec
Presenter: Ryan Kirkland
1. Physical performance advantages of fleece membranes that enable them to resist the
forces of mother nature such as wind, rain and cold.
2. Performance advantages of urethane adhesives that eliminate the dependence on solvents
with VOC's or asphalt derived from foreign sources of oil.
3. Re-roofing advantages afforded by fleece membranes that can re-use existing roofing
systems and minimize landfill waste.
4. Multiple-ply membrane options utilizing highly reflective T or extremely weatherable EPDM
as the cap sheet.
10:20 -11:20 AM
Steep Slope Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course: IMU07C
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Sponsor: Metals USA
Presenter: John Quint
• Define stone coated Metal.
• Depict how stone coated Metal roofing is manufactured.
• Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
• Demonstrate new and innovative ideas to take into the design process for schools, hospitals
and other commercial applications, and to help you through that process.
• Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a project
earning LEED certification.
• Describe how Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems are energy efficient & Energy Star qualified.
• Explain the cost benefits of Stone Coated Metal roofing systems.
11:30 - 12:30 PM
Understanding Recycled Content Surfacing Material
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course: ICS06A
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals | Course ID: 0090003989
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Presenter: Todd Schoenemann
This one hour live course describes the importance of recycled content surfacing products and how
they affect a building's indoor environmental quality.
1. We will review how these materials are manufactured and specified and we will evaluate
how they may contribute towards LEED project certification.
2. After a comparison on traditional and recycled surfacing materials, we will discuss
the importance of going beyond "green".
12:30 - 01:30 PM Lunch will be provided
01:30 - 02:30 PM TBD
02:40 - 03:40 PM TBD
03:50 - 04:50 PM TBD *This Agenda is not a final schedule, and is subject to updates, additions and changes.
When changes are final, this will no longer say “Preliminary”.
San Antonio, TX CE Academy 26.62
San Antonio AIA Members 62.49
San Antonio Non-AIA Members 77.87