10927 Wye Street Ste 101
San Antonio, TX 78217
Saturday, Nov. 17, 2012
San Antonio Fencing Center: San Antonio, TX
Divisional Junior Olympic Qualifers.
The 2012 South Texas Division Junior Olympic Qualifier for the 2013 Junior Olympic Championships is November 17th, 2012.
USFA membership is required, and all USFA rules will be enforced. Yes, even that one about REQUIRING THE NEW FOIL BIB.
San Antonio Fencing Center
Schedule & Close of Registration:
TIMES IN BOLD ARE THE CLOSE OF CHECK IN. Pools will begin as quickly as resources afterward; please be sure to arrive early enough for gear check and your desired warm up.
Junior Men's Foil - 9:00
Junior Women's Epee - 9:00
Junior Men's Sabre - 10:00
Junior Women's Sabre - 10:00
Junior Men's Epee - 11:00
Junior Women's Foil - 11:00
Cadet Men's Epee - 1:00
Cadet Women's Epee - 1:00
Cadet Men's Foil - 2:00
Cadet Women's Foil - 2:00
Cadet Men's Sabre - 3:00
Cadet Women's Sabre - 3:00
$30 registration plus $10 per event. $10 late fee for fencers not preregistered for at least one event.
Please just preregister. We check data ahead of time for each tournament; adding fencers on the spot is much slower than removing absent fencers.
ASKFRED is enforcing gender, age, and division membership restrictions.
Eligibility for this competition and for the Junior Olympics 2013 event can be found at:
Points lists are here:
* A discrepancy HAS been observed between the RailStation points records and the USFA PDF Points Lists. PLEASE NOTE: The USFA points lists are the OFFICIAL RECORD OF POINTS.
Autoqualifier list is here:
- U.S. citizen OR permanent resident who has not represented another country in the last three years.
- Current competitive member of USA FENCING.
- The athlete's birth year falls in that age bracket OR on the national rolling point standings in the next younger age bracket
UNDER-17 (CADET) CHAMPIONSHIPS
Fencers must be born between 1996 and 1999 AND BE
On the Cadet NRPS on January 21, 2013 OR
In the top 8 of the Youth 14 NRPS on January 21, 2013 OR
Qualified for the Under-20 JO Championships (BOD, 10/04) OR
In the top 25% [refer to Table 1] in their Division's Under-17 J.O. qualifying competition (BOD, 10/04)
UNDER-20 (JUNIOR) CHAMPIONSHIPS
Fencers must be born between 1993 and 1999 AND BE
On the Junior NRPS on January 21, 2013 OR
In the top 16 of the Cadet NRPS on January 21, 2013 OR
In the top 25% [refer to Table 1] in their Division's Under-20 J.O. qualifying competition (BOD, 10/04)
Underage fencers eligible by NRPS standing should e-mail the organizers to be added to events where FRED rejects the pre-registration.
U-17 (Cadet) Events: Birth years are 1996-1999.
U-20 (Junior) Events: Birth years are 1993-1999.
Division membership is based on your official, declared USFA membership affiliation. There are two ways to be sure you are affiliated with South Texas PRIOR to the qualifier:
1. Go to http://usfencing.org/us-fencing-membership/current-membership-listing and select the South Texas Division from the center dropdown menu at the bottom of the page. If your name appears, your affiliation SHOULD be correct.
2. Visit https://www.railstation.org/usfencing/Login.aspx?Redirect=Profile.aspx?returnurl=default.aspx and access your user profile. Verify that your division listing is correct. Take the time to verify your club information as well, since that club affiliation is what we are required to use to seed the events.
If either or both of these methods do not show you affiliated with South Texas Division, but you feel you should attend our qualifiers, contact the National Office by phone or email to request your information be updated.
Masks, body and mask cords, lames and saber manchettes/gloves will be tested.
Fencers may and are encouraged to fence in all events on a given day, but in order to keep the tournament on schedule, no three- or ten-minute rest will be given in one event for a bout just fenced in a different event.
Events will be fenced as one round of pools (if there are at least four non-autoqualified fencers) with 100% promotion to DEs. If fewer than four non-auto-qualified fencers register for an individual event, the organizers reserve the option not to conduct any fencing for the event, and declare all fencers to have qualified. Would-be qualifiers must show up and pay their event fee in order to be considered qualified, even if no fencing is conducted.
All participants must sign a Waiver of Liability. Anyone under age 18 must have a parent's or legal guardian's signature on this form.
The waiver is available at http://southtexasdivision.org/media/forms/sotxwaiverconsent.pdf for your convenience.